Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and headache

Hello. About four days ago, I started getting this sharp headache. It pulsates about every second with pain. It s more or less been persistent, with occasional lulls where the pain has been diminished. The Ibuprofen I take is not seeming to help much. The pain is especially bad whenever I get up or bend/ move my head around. Also I have been congested for about 2 weeks with nearly no smell/taste so do not know if that is contributing.
Mon, 6 Sep 2021

You are getting sharp headaches, the headache is increasing on bending down. You are suffering from sinus infection. Sinus infection is causing inflammation that is blocking the narrow sinus passages and making it difficult for fluid to drain. Hence you are having throbbing headache, migraine. Get X-ray PNS done, detect nasal septal deviation which may require by surgery.

You are suggested to rest in a quiet, dark room. Hot or cold compresses to your head or neck will effectively bring relief. Stay well hydrated, avoid anything that may trigger your symptoms like strong smell, direct exposure to sunlight, fumes, smell of strong chemicals, dust, animal dander, etc. For relief, take Sumatriptan (Imitrex, Tosymra) and avoid stressful lifestyle. Migraine is also treated by giving injections that block the nerve pain, botox injections or anti inflammatory medicines.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician