Suggest treatment for severe headache

Ok, for the last 3 days, I have had this headache (sometimes more in front/forehead) that feels like my head is going to explode and/or throbbing but no fever. I felt a little bit stuffed up on the first day and I have a little bit of a runny nose, but not any more than usual (I have a runny nose almost everyday). Over the counter cold meds seem to only help if I double up on the dosage. I cannot afford to go to the doctor or take any more time off work.
Sat, 15 Feb 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello
It seems from the history that you are having severe headache associated with running nose. This indicates that the headache is probably because of sinusitis.
The treatment of the condition is by appropriate antibiotics, along with decongestants and mucolytics.
The only cold medicines contain decongestants and these can worsen the condition unless taken with mucolytics because of accumulation of the secretions. Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for prescription of the drugs.

Thank you