• question-icon

Suggest treatment for knee pain

I m Fourteen years old and I ve been having severe knee pains since I was about 10. My knees will go out at the worst times(Climbing Stairs, Tumbling, Cheerleading, Sitting with Legs Crisscrossed, and Running). My parents haven t taken me to a doctor because they don t think I could have knee problems at my age. Knee braces help but I can t realy were them on both knees.
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

Frequent knee buckling may be a sign of an underlying injury or condition, so it’s a good idea to follow up with your doctor. In the meantime, try to rest your knee and apply either a hot or cold compress. You can also wear a knee brace or use a cane to reduce your risk of falling when your knees buckle. Take an appointment with orthopedist and make a MRI.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Blerina Pasho, General & Family Physician