• question-icon

Suggest treatment for hernia in groin and enlarged prostate

Sir, I have been facing Hernia problem for the last 20 months in the left groin area.. For the last six months I have been using hernia belt. Yesterday I consulted a Urologist. He diagnosed me with enlarged prostate also and adivsed me to undergo surgery for prostate first and thereafter hernia. Pl. suggest me what to do.
Mon, 25 Nov 2019

I suggest you to go with your doctors advice. I would like to see your Ultrasound of prostrate and how much this is causing trouble to you. If you undergo hernia surgery first, while straining for micturation it is going to hurt you more. First get rid of prostrate then go for hernia surgery.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sameen Bin Naeem, General & Family Physician