Suggest treatment for ear and throat infection

My son is 3 and has an appointment on the 28th to get his tonsils removed, but last week I had to take him to the clinic and was told he was getting an ear infection, we finished his antibiotics a day lated which was this Tuesday it was worse. Now his tonsils are so swollen that he can really breath well, and is feverish. He is coughing so hard because they are so swollen. I need to know if I should take him to the ER or just wait to call his Dr. in the morning. It is really worrying me, he says he is really tired, but cant stay asleep because of coughing
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

Yes, you should rush to ER to have a clinical examination, tests of blood, pus to be sent for gram staining and culture, sensitivity' tests of blood and get started on another antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicines, symptomatic and supportive therapy.

Planned surgery has to be postponed till the child has no clinical or investigations based infection. This takes about one and half moth hence have regular follow up with an ENT surgeon as well as Pediatrician to find out any other problems, get treated, say like anemia, hypoproteinemia and so on. Patient should be really fit for surgery and anesthesia and this can be planned well, no hurry at all.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon