Suggest treatment for constant pain in the rib cage

My 11 year old daughter is having a constant pain just below her rib cage on her right side. This started after she was at basketball practice, running a mile, and vomited. She hasn t vomited again since but has complained of the pain in her side. Her appetite is good.
Thu, 13 Jun 2019

I had similar pain complaints in my office practice. kids in the growing age, especially the pre-teens may complain about non-specific pain over the chest wall and legs. it is part of growth.

It will come down by adequate rest and pain killers like ibuprofen (if not allergic). if the pain severe and restricted activities you may need further investigation and treatment from an orthopedic specialist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Rajmohan, Pediatrician