What causes stinging sensation near the abdominal area?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 14 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have a stinging sensation under my skin in the abdominal area from bottom of the rib cage basically all over the abdomen. Fluctuates during the day. When I press my fingers over the area I can feel the discomfort under my skin. Feels fine after waking up in the morning and better on the weekends when I wear comfortable clothing. Normal appetite and bowel movements. Urine is fine. I take 2 blood pressure meds and prevacid daily. I have no rash. Not painful just a nuisance.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin sensitivity issue .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear XXXXXXX , hi

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* The issue seems to be related to skin sensitivity to certain fabrics or
clothing most likely .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Duration of current issue .
2. Recent change if any in clothing pattern .
3. Is there any itching .

Awaiting for your details .

Regards .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 29 minutes later
Been for about 2 months. When I press on my skin I can feel it in between my skin and muscle. Achy stinging sensation almost like inflamation under my flesh. Not in any one spot; all over belly
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound can be done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* Inflammation seems less likely as it should be round the clock , not during
certain time periods of hours or days .

* Ultrasound examination of the soft tissue is recommended to rule out
any underlying issue .

* Recommendations at present
- Deep breathing exercises , YOGA .
- Prefer smooth , clean , cotton clothes .
- Avoid exposure to excess heat .

Wishing you fine health ahead .

Welcome for any further assistance .
Regards dear take care .