• question-icon

Suggest treatment for an infected wound

My father has a open wound on his foot which we have been putting saline, hydrogen peroxide and neosporin but looks like it is getting worse what can we put on it? Additionally, he is in a wheelchair and has developed a bed sore and one on his ball sack. We have been putting a diaper cream but he usually has a depend and when we take it off irritates it. Any suggestions??
Mon, 12 Aug 2019

I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

I see that you have already tried to treat the wound locally.

I suggest to take oral antibiotics such as Augmentin twice a day for a week for a systemic treatment.

Hope my answer was helpful.

If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.

Kind regards!

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
General &Family Physician