Suggest treatment for Wolf Parkinson's disease

Hi, My name is Justin. My dad has been diagnosed with WPW Syndrome more commonly known as Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome which is a heart ailment and I am convinced I have the same problem because I can be just doing normal everyday things and my heart pace will speed up excessively and makes me dizzy and lightheaded and it usually lasts around 10-20 mins.. but my question is.. Is there anything that can be done before my heart suffers more damage than it already has?
Mon, 6 Jun 2016
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and thank you for using HCM.I carefully read your question and I understand your concern .
I will try to explain you something and give you my opinion .

As you already know wolf Parkinson White is a rhythm diaorder.It means having an accessory pathways where the elecrical impulses travels through the heart.

This is e structural rhythm issue, meaning that it is not related from outside factors.

So, you cannot do anything to prevent this.Its structural, it doest depend on you.

If you experienc palpitation the only think we can do os to diagnose it in time and than decide how to treat it.

So, if I was your treating doctor I will recommend some examination like an electrocardiogram, a cardiac echo and a holter rhythm monitoring to evaluate your rhythm tendency.

Only after this we can better judge what to do.

Hope I was helpfull.

Best regards, Dr.Ervina.