Suggest medications for sore throat

Hi! Having a sore throat for 6 days now , I was prescribed antibiotics three times a day. It worked for the first day or so but now I have completely loss my voice and the sore throat is as worse as when I was not on antibiotics. When lying down at night the pain gets worse and I often have to get up to drink tea. What should I do?
Tue, 30 Jun 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hello ,

Thanks for consultig Hcm

I have read your query and understand your concern as far as sore throat and loss of voice is concerned it can be due to strep throat or pharyngitis. For this I will suggest you to consult Ent surgeon for examination of throat and inmeantime do warm saline gargle 2 to 3 times a day and you can take medicine like Azithromycin or cefixime by consulting with local doctor .

Hope this will help you .