Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Sugar in the blood.

In a diabetes test result if it shows sugar present in the blood and no sugar present in the urine is this a bad sign. IF there is sugar in the blood should it be also present in the urine. Kindly clarify. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1869
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
All blood samples should show Blood Sugars and their Values are important, like Fasting Blood sugar greater than 126mg/dl, Random Blood sugar more than 200mg/dl. Urine sugar is significant if the blood sugar is more than 0.18 percent conc which is significantly raised and the Kidneys are able to excrete the hyperglycemic glucosuria. So if your Blood sugars are significantly raised they will reflect in Urine sample. The presence of small sugar in Urine is not much significance in clinical medicine. But in practice the small sugar in Urine makes the doctor to order for Glucose tolerance test.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor