Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suffers from chest cold and cough. What can help his diet? Medication?

My son is 3 now and suffers from chest cold and cough at-least once in 2 months which lasts for a week or more.He is very bony and is a poor eater too. i do not like to thrush him with lots of medicines at this age. Is it really needed to have alopathy medicines or home remedies or enough, if so please advise me with some remedies. Also please suggest a good diet for his poor health.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
by the symptoms u r tellin it looks like a hyperactive airways. any family member having asthama? any dust or smoke prone area in ur surroundings or the childs day to day activities. poor eating can be sorted out by avoiding junk foods and untimely eating habbits and makin the food more interesting and practising family pot feeding. the chronic cough has to be taken care of first- consult a paediatrician as soon as possible, if the symptoms improve his appetite may also show improvement.
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor