Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffers congenital hypothyroidism, on Thyronorm. Irregular bowels, tried glycerine suppository. How to cure constipation ?

my 45 days old infact suffers from congenital hypothyroidism and is under treatment with thyronorm 37.5 microgram per day. he is suffering from irregular bowel movements, gas and stomach pain. he strains to pass stool, makes sounds but no stool comes out, he starts crying. i had to give glycerine suppository to make him pass stool. he cries after most feedings, especially in the evening, only decolic drop gives some relief. how to cure the constipation? please help.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
welcome to HCM.

Regarding constipation & considering age of your infant; use
Bonninsan Drops of himalaya com.

it is an Ayurvedic medicine,with noa any side effects
it helps to relieve spasm of smooth muscles,
maintains mucosa of intestinal tract
removes gases.

thus maintains digestive system,ultimately helath of the baby.

Hope this will help you!!

Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor