Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Sufferings from Acid reflux, taking Zantac, have heart burn and vomiting. Suggestion?

I think I have acid reflux the doctor gave me tecta and it is not working so I sometimes have to take 2 zantac at night a coulple of times a week I wake at night with a mouth full of burning vomit I have heartburn all day and last night I threw up a little watery blood not much but my throat burns so bad I think I need an endoscopy but my doc just says loose some weight.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  362
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response

I think you can get an endoscopy to rule out any thing serious in your stomach.

Apart from that please ask your doctor to prescribe an antiemetic/ prokinetic drug along with a proton pump inhibitor. Please take these medicines 30 minutes before food as directed by your doctor.

At the same time please take regular small meals.

Hope this helps.

Dr Anjana Rao
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor