Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering with lung infection, difficulty in moving, eating, talking. No improvement with medicines. What should be done?

Dear Doctor, My elder uncle is now 80yrs. old. Two wk before he attacked by cold (after drentch frm rain). was admitted in hospital. Doctor told infection in blood . Now came to know WBC count 0000, infection in lungs. Last two weaks only he had saline . Now he totally sick, cann t even move, not eating, not open mouth, not even eat, not talk, not open eyes. Doctor told all best medicine was given but patient not respond. Please help...... why this happen
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
It looks like your uncle had some pneumonia which got very severe and hence now has went into a metabolic encephalopathy (a stage like coma)
Why this happen is very difficult to explain without seeing any xrays and reports here but what i feel from the description that he must have had some acute viral infections like influenza or others.
His age is 80 and hence the infections do cause a faster deterioration in people of his age.
Answered: Sat, 28 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor