Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering with a itchy,bloddy and scaly rash in his left leg

My father age 63 years is suffering with a itchy,bloddy and scaly rash in his left leg for the past 3-4 years. We have consulted various ayurvedic and aloppathy doctors in chennai and nobody as given a type of infection/root cause and it has not got cured as well. Its very itchy when the scale is coming on the rash and the moment he scratches blood comes and the rash comes back to its orginal condition. Could you suggest a chief / good skin specialist in manipal hospital bangalore or a very experienced doctor in chennai/ bangalore? Also, can you tell me what his problem could be ?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  307
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
ur father may have eczematous dermatitis.
its mainly due to dry skin and old age
it is common in this age
is he taking any medicine right now?
dont allow him to scratch any more
all good doctor treat well .
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome,
your father is having eczematous dermatitis.
for this since you are from chennai i can suggest you to take the treatment from coimbatore in the field of ayurveda
i will personally see you.
i am working there at coimbatore ayurveda college ,sulur as professor
i will available from june 1st onwards
you dial me
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

It seems to be a lichen simplex chronicus with probably secondary infection .This condition is usually seen on one leg( outer side ) and is seen in aged patients .Patients usually complain of itching in evening or night. There is a cycle called as "scratch -itch" cycle which means that once a patient starts to scratch the area then the itching becomes more sever .So we have to break the cycle and the only way is to stop scratching .
You can meet Dr.Kripa shankar at manipal hospital bangalore .

Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor