Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe anxiety. Losing weight and have swallowing difficulty. Looking for suggestion

my daughter is 21 years old and since my son passed away 8 years ago she has had severe anxiety .she now is unable todont swallow or eat normally and has had many tests that have shown no abnormality with the throat all.she has lost a great deal of weight and l think needs councelling but she still believes that there is something in the throat or not enough of something to allow the food to go down the throat.l
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

welcome to health care magic

According to your details, she can have following possibilities-

1) Globus hystericus (Conversion symptom)
2) Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
3) Depressive disorder
4) Delusional disorder

I advise you to visit a psychiatrist as soon as possible for detailed evaluation and treatment.
She will be alright after medication and psychotherapy

Hope it helps
Good Luck
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor