Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe Diarrhoea, constant pain in body. Suggestion?

hi I have had diarrhea fir the last 4 days at first it was just a heavy pure liquid bout pale brown in colour, I have also been very lethargic with constant aching throughut my body, I have eflt warm to the touch but had a coldness that felt as though it was rhrough to my bones my diarehea has now gone to a thick dark green almost black fluid please help as I am more than a little worried
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
You are suffering from acute viral gastroenteritis with secondary bacterial infection.
Presence of watery diarrhea along with body ache suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and Shields go for thorough check up.
You should take complete antibiotic course along with probiotics , and antispasmodics.
You should also maintain proper hydration by taking oral rehydration solution, lemon water, banana.
Weakness in body is due to loss of potassium in stool.
You should also take proper bed rest.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor