Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from random shooting pains all over body, have thyroid issue. How to get cured?

Hi, im 5 months postpartum and have various aches and pains. I get these random shooting pains all over. Sometimes it s in my arm, then leg, behind my eye, wrist etc! It s not severe and only lasts a few seconds then may pop up in another area. Also have bad ankle pain when I move to a standing position. Pre-pregnancy I was 5 9 and 130, I gained 55lbs. Also dealing with some thyroid issues. Said I have a goiter and multiple nodules that they are watching with US, however in seeing a specialist Monday because I m worried about the nodules. Could my aches and pains be thyroid related? My TSH w/reflex to t4 was 0.54 and thyroglobulin antibodies were less than 20.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The symptoms of hypothyroidism -- an underactive thyroid -- tend to mirror the slowing down of physical processes that results from insufficient thyroid hormone. Common symptoms include fatigue, weight gain, constipation, fuzzy thinking, low blood pressure, fluid retention, depression, body pain, slow reflexes, and much more.So the symptoms you have described are regarding that and once you are started with thyroxin evrything slowly comes under control.thank you.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor