Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pneumonia, infected lung. Had surgery for surgery for intestinal tumours. Suggest a treatment?

My father is suffering from pnuemonia. He had undergone a surgery for tumour in intestine . CT Scan reports are all fine, the problem is that, pnuemonia is out of control. No antibiotic is working as of now. He has a infection in lungs where one of the lung is not working properly. He is in icu . Kindly suggest a specialist of pnuemonia in Delhi NCR or suggest a treatment.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
As your father has undergone a treatment recently in the hospital it looks like he has aquired a hospital aquired pneumonia. These bugs from the hospital can be multi drug resistant and hence not much of antibiotic options are vailable for them. However i m sure they must have taken some sputum or tracheal culture and got the bug identified along with the antibiotic options available.
There are many good chest physicians and infectious disease specialist practicing in delhi NCR region and they can help you out on that.
Drugs like sulbactum in a high dose or clistin, tigecycline or high dose meropenem can help
Answered: Wed, 30 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor