Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from persistent menstruation, please help

Hi doc., my mother 47 years old is suffering from persistent menstruation for about 15 days ... it started with clotted blood then it become perfuse and it perceeded by lower back pain and sever pelvic pain that is relieved with blood loss and regain pain if blood stops ... this condition occurs only since the last 3 menstrual cycle ... what can she do and what it migh be the cause ??
Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sun, 16 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  380
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
You mother may be going through the peri menopausal period or it could be a pathology.Get a ultrasound done.If there is no pathology then its definitely DUB.Hormones can help control the bleeding.See a doctor about the medicines if scan is normal.Meanwhile she can take any painkillers to help with the pain.
Answered: Sun, 16 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor