Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pain and swelling in the ankles. Diagnosed with gout and CLL. Elevated uric acid levels. How to get relief from the pain?

My boyfriend has CLL and has been having a lot of difficulty with pain and swelling in the ankles. So much pain that we had to go to the emergency room because walking/bearing weight was impossible. The ER doc diagnosed it as gout & gave him a prescription without even doing labs. Follow up blood tests with his private Dr have shown normal uric acid levels and still no answers as to why the pain and swelling. He describes the pain as walking on shards of glass
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your friend's problems. His symptoms could either be due to the uric acid crystals deposited in his feet, which will take time to go away or as a side effect of the chemotherapy which he is receiving for CLL. He should meet his oncologist and seek the appropriate pain killer.
Hoping for the best.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor