Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

152 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from nausea, vomiting, headaches and indigestion. Could this be stress ?

Hello, I have been experiencing nausea , vomiting, headaches, and indigestion . I have also put on extra weight in recent weeks. I feel as though I may be pregnant, but according to several test and my period, I am not. What else could cause these symptoms? I have also experienced loss of appetite , insomnia , and fatigue. Could this all just be related to stress? I am 24, 5 4 and usually 145-150lb. Currently I am about 165lb
Thu, 5 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Yes,dear this could be due to anxiety.Please try relaxation technique and avoid drinking too much of soft drinks.Please mind your diet as at times you tend to over eat and as you already putting on weight.Keep your self busy,talk to friends and if still not felling good,take a professional help.bye.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

For the past week I have been having a hard time sleeping due to a racing mind. I am also finding that every morning I usually am noutious and either dry heave or vomit bile. On top of that I notice I have a rapid heart rate lately as well. I am a 23 year old male and I m not sure what is causing this. My only assumption is that we got a new puppy and I am possibly feeling this way due to anxiety or stress. Could this be possible?

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from fatigue, nausea, vomiting and sever headache for over 24 hours. I have kept down some liquids for a couple of hours. My headache is crushing and I can t get any relief. I haven t taken any meds because I can t keep it down. should I be concerned.

doctor1 MD

Hello My 17 year old son had been nauseous and vomiting all day, unable to keep anything down including water, also experiencing diarrhea twice. No fever or chills or body aches just a headache and little dizzy. What could this be? Could he just be dehydrated? If so how can I help him if he isn t keeping fluids down?

Recent questions on  Dyspepsia

doctor1 MD

I have been suffering from indigestion, bloating after eating and a mild IBS and have been using prebiotics and probiotics for the last over a year. It did not prove effective and my condition continues. It will be much appreciated if you would be good enough to prescribe some supplements which could be available in U.K. I live in London.

doctor1 MD

For the past year I have been suffering from various types of stomach related issues. It began with painless bloody stools. When those stopped I began to have pretty bad indigestion, gas and bloating after meals and now I am frequently getting heartburn. I am a thin 27 year old man. What could this be and how do I fix it?

doctor1 MD

I Have acute antral gastritis, burn in the upper part of stomach till the throat and in the esopogus, the pain is not sever but constant, stool is also smelling and gas frequently. I have taken pan-d and pantop hp kit, it supresses for some time but again starts. sometime s my lower stomach also pains..but not severly..acute indigestion. I have this problem from the last 10 yrs

doctor1 MD

35 yr-old male, police officer, overall good health.

I'm reporting chronic dyspepsia. More precisely noisy gurgling and rumbling that seems to be coming from my stomach, loud gastric noises. Probably worst 20 minutes after lunch and dinner. Its a semi-constant discomfort.

It has been a constant problems for years.

Two or three years ago I was tested to have H. Pylori after a blood test after a routine police medical exam. I took the medication regime prescribed. During the treatment, it did not seem to really help. However, at the end of treatment, I was free of gastric discomfort for abt 4 months. I was so happy. Then, it slowly came back insidusly.
Lately, it seems to be coming back even stronger. Stress and poor sleeping patterns seems aggravate it.
I just realize that its worst if I sleep on the left side.
Food releaves sympstoms until discomfort starts.
Ranitidine appears somewhat effective. But I don't like to take medications without knowing what exactly I have.
Anti-Acid not so effective.

I take:
Only take about 25 pills ranitidine per year.
200 anti-acid a year (Magnesium/calcium)
I take about 20 pills of NSAID /year
Does not eat bad food more than 2 times a week. Eat well to very well.

What do you think is my problem?

doctor1 MD having moderate far upper abdominal pain , in the diaphragm area , below ribs, directly in the center. no blood in stool , no nausea, no vomiting . Antacids have no positive effect. Tylenol does decrease pain. have had symptom for a week....

doctor1 MD

Having severe stomach distinction for the last 4 days, thought it was a type of stomach flu , stayed in bed for 2 days, tummy so hard it hurt. Have had no appetite and when I do it’s a very small amount and it seems to sit very high in the stomach...

doctor1 MD

I am prediabetic; take fioricet for migraines (4 to 6 a day) and synthroid . Not overweight; female. Recently had a elevated GGT (248). Sonogram of the liver was good. All other liver functions were good. My diet is not as healthy as it should be....