Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mouth ulcers. Biopsy and blood tests done. On antibiotics and steroids. Should i go for ENT specialist advice?

HI..I have been suffering from mouth ulcers for abt 9 years now..have done biopsy , blood tests etc. The antibiotics and the steroids prescribed like omnacortil seems to just provide a temporary relief. I have consulted general physician, skin specialist and also been diagonised by ENT . Shall i meet an ENT specialist?? Pls advice
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
These mouth ulcers or erosions could be aphthous ulcers, pemhigus vulgaris lesions or oral lichen planus lesions or ulcers in association with any other auto immune disease. Diagnosis requires biopsy of the lesions. YOu need to consult an ENT doc as well as a dermatologist. I would be able to help you out more if you could send us a detailed clinical history regarding duration onset appearance of the lesion along with biopsy report.
take care

Dr kalpana PAthak
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor