Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from lower abdominal pain. Ultrasound showing uterus knot. Having pain despite taking medication. Solution?

hi, my wife suffering right lower abdominal pain last 6 years she consulting lots of doctor and ultrasound is well but no result. she always filling pain full and some time pain will be in cress more. last three month before she was doing inter. ultrasound and fund uterus knot. doctor advice just take medicine for that. she taking medicine last 3 month to till but no result. pain like same as before. please advice your further instruction..........
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
If a pain lasts for so long, it is always necessary to rule out the worst - large intestine cancer! As there is no characteristic symptoms of colon cancer, colonoscopy should be performed in every unexplained pain of an abdomen. Especially if there is constipation or diarrheas history, blood or mucous in stool, mild anemia in blood tests or lost of weight. Ultrasound is very inaccurate exam.
If colonoscopy will show nothing it is advisable to perform abdomen CT.
Yours wife abdomen pain cant be explained by uterus knot as it usually give no symptoms at all.
And one more thing. Before running colonoscopy it would be good idea to visit a surgeon who would rule an inguinal hernia out.
Take care
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor