Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from heart palpitations. Heart pain, profusely sweating after exercise. Specialist help required?

Hi, my partner is a 37 year old man and has been suffering from heart palpitations recently, his heart beats very fast and heard even when he s sleeping (usually around 85bpm), he s had some heart pains, especially after exercise, and has profuse sweating during and slow recovery from exercise. he s not overweight and is otherwise well . he s been to see his gp but got fobbed off - i m concerned that he needs to see a cardiologist . any advice please?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to the HCM.

For a person of 37 years without any risk factor like hypertension,diabetes ,a resting heart rate of 85 bpm is absolutely normal.Nothing more to worry about it.

But chest pain that he has after exercise,needs further evaluation by cardiologist.

Cardiologist may advise exercise stress test (trade mill test),color doppler/2 DECHO and coronary angiography to rule out coronary artery ischemia or volvular heart disease though possibility is very less.

Continue healthy eating habits and exercise(after trade mill test).

Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Further queries are most welcome.

Wish you good health.

Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pooja Reddy's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given, it appears that your husband has insufficient cardiac activity. You should see a physician who would like to do a ECG and stress test. If there are any changes in ECG while doing stress test, then one needs to be cautious and start taking some medications. But then things need o wait until he gets himself evaluated.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further details.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Pooja Reddy M.D.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor