Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suffering from flu, chest pain, unable to move, breathe, nose bleeds, coughing blood. Treatment options?

Hi, My husband had a flu a while ago and for some time now he has been having chest pains so bad that the couldnt move or breath and now for the last week he s been having bloody noses (very dark blood almoust black) and coughing up blood. And to make things worse last night it was blood clots that almoust looked like pieces of liver , only the colour was lighter. Please help me!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
If your husband is coughing bloo(it appears to be of significant amount as per your description) he needs to go to a hospital as soon as possible. He should undergo certain tests like blood test, x ray chest and if required a CT chest. He may have to undergo tests to rule out any clot in the lungs. Based on these, the pulmonologist will start him on the treatment.
Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor