Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression. Online tests reveal major depression. Can I be helped?

iv felt really low for a few months now and i think i may be suffering from depression i also took a few online tests and they state i have major depression. But im grounded at home and cannot get out the house to see a doctor and i also do not want my mum to know i was wondering if you could help me find out if i have depression? thanks
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Oct 2012 MUST visit a psychiatrist lest it starts to take its toll over your life..there are so many anti-deprerssants now-a-days and you need not require lifelong treatment in all please consult..have a good health
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A K M Wasim Rahman's  Response
hi, You can start medicine like ESCITALOPRAM(ANTIDEPRESSANT) along with CLONAZEPAM(SEDATIVE ANXIOLYTIC). But a detailed evaluation is needed. So you should consult a psychiatrist. You should tell your mum about your problem she will understand. Afterall She is your Mum. You should consult as soon as possible otherwise it will be more complicated day by day.

Does sometime you feel it is better to finish your life?

If answer to this question is yes then you should consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible.
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor