Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Suffering from angina, pain around breast. Had stents fitted. Is this serious, how to cure it?

hi I suffer from angina and have had stents fitted 2 years ago I get pain if I do too much but in the last week I have had what feels like electric shock pains in and around my left breast area no angina pain and no other symtoms but I am worried about the pains it feels to be deep inside but today whan I pressed the edge odf my breast I couls feel pain
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The pain in the chest area with a history of angina is most probably anginal pain.
You must be on cardiac surveillance by your cardiologist.
However, you need to go for some more investigations to look for evidence of blockage at any site especially the coronaries.
Angiography is an investigation wherein the status of the coronary arteries is studied to look for any evidence of newly developed blockage due to plaque, or vessel wall spasm.
A history o stents suggests that previous two sites of blockage have been corrected.
However, new sites of blockage need to be looked for.
The pain can also be associated with some localized lesion in the breast.
A mammography can also be done to find any cause of pain in the breast.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor