Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffer from vomiting, pain in the chest, difficulty in eating and drinking. Diffuse esophageal spasm diagnosed. Weight loss. Need to be worried?

My nephew is 25 years old. It started with stomach virus- vomitting. It did not go away. He was taken to nearby hospital. They really did no do much, and sent him back home. He was also feeling pain in the chest , and having difficulty eating and drinkin. . One week past, he could not eat or drink anything. Even a little sip, it would hurt so much. After two weeks, the doctors diagnosed Diffuse Esophagal Spasm - rare diseases, after a MANOMETRY Test. They started treatment. Two weeks past but no improvement. He has already lost about 18-20 pounds and started feeling week. We are sincerely looking for you help. Best Regards, Mukesh Gandhi
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
He needs to see a gastro -intestinal surgeon , to do a gastroscopic examination on him. He might be suffering from a hernia after the vomiting . Because of the weight-loss you can not procrastinate , he needs to be seen as soon as possible. Conservative treatment will include antacids and pro-kinetic drugs. I stress that this is a surgical problem.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor