Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Sudden spikes in heart rate, high pulse even at rest, pregnant. How to treat symptoms?

hi, im 19 years old and my heart rate will randomly jump extremely and stay very high for almost 30 minutes to a hour at a time. and by jump extremely i mean go from my average pulse to 164 without me even doing and activity. it can happen with me just sitting there watching tv. this has been happening for almost 3 years now. hint, i am currently 5 10 200 pounds and 4 months pregnant. before my pregnancy i was slightly slim around 180 pounds.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

Some amount of hemodynamic changes are common during pregnancy.
Though tachycardia, hyperdynamic circulation etc can be seen in pregnancy, pulse rate of 164 at rest is something abnormal.
So better to consult cardiologist once and get evaluated regarding this.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor