Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Sudden Knee Pain, is this something I should have checked ?

Today I noticed a gradually growing ache in my right knee. Normally, my knees are slightly hyperextended, so after crossing them for any amount of time they hurt. However today I noticed this pain while walking and it felt like it was more in the tendon/muscles behind my knee joint, I've tried my normal remidies for pain relief (walking around, and then when that didn't work I rested it for a few hours), with no results. With no movement the pain is probably at a 2/10, more of a discomfort and goes up to about a 7/10 with lots of stiffness while moving. It's slightly swollen but no visible bruising, and I have absolutly no idea what could be causing it. I'm an 18 year old female, so I don't think any age-related ailments would be the cause.

So my question is if this is something I should have checked or if it's anything I should be worried about?

Asked On : Sat, 1 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  341
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is a muscular and soft tissue spasm causing it. Have you got it examined by an orthopedic surgeon? Also how about any injury to the knee and is this discomfort only wrt right knee?

As a first line of management, you should consult the Orthopedician for further guidance.
Answered: Mon, 31 May 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor