Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Strange skin bumps with black sandy grit in dark blood on my legs

Hello. My name is Debs and I have been suffering some strange skin conditions for the past 4 or 5 months on the tops of my forearms, back of my hands, on my chest, and on my shins and ankles and tops of feet. I can count about 50 of these big rough red bumps just on my right arm. They start out as a tiny little speck of red blood, then they itch a little and I scratch and they grow and grow, especially on my legs. The most bizarre symptom is that they will sometime explode (like after a bath) without me even touching them and this gritty black sandy substance pours out mixed with very dark brown blood. The sores on my legs have this black pepper-looking stuff in the centers with redness to the skin around them and they're about 1.5 cm in diameter and oval shaped, and more flat than the ones on my arms. On my arms they are a lot more bumpy and thick and dry, almost like a wart but red. I haven't seen the black pepper specks in those on my arms lately, maybe because I am constantly washing them and applying alcohol then oil or lotion. We have treated for scabies, bed-bugs, chiggers, washed everything, thrown most of our clothes and furniture away, treated the household and even MOVED TWICE. What in the world could it be? I feel like a leper, especially since I don't know if I'm contagious. I haven't visited friends or family, gone to church, gone out shopping, etc. in months because of this skin condition that JUST WON'T GO AWAY!! Please help!! Thank you. Debs Houston, Texas
Asked On : Mon, 10 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  1131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic Forum ,I think you should use beclometasone cream locally and take prednisolone tablets ,have a fungal scrapping,
And take consultation with a dermatologist ,as I think that it could be an immunological disorder ,that is why to rule out this I have given
You advice of doing fungal scraping,take care
Answered: Fri, 4 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
This sounds like it could be a fungus or parasite. Definitely see a doctor.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor