Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Stopped breastfeeding,starting again,side effects of Bromergon?

I want to ask you about Bromerong, its effects and how they can wear off. My wife had to stop breastfeeding our child for 2,5 months. initialy the first week she stoped in order to stop the production of milk she had to take Bromergon, now the child shortly will be 11 months old. Now we are interested to breast feed the child again if this is physicaly possible (please advise us on this)? So, our concern is if there were any effects from Bromergon to her present milk or to her health in general that can indirectly harm also the child in the future?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  362
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
I thin you mean Bromocriptine (Bromergon). If she has completely stopped taking the drug she can breast feed two days after stopping. The drug is completely eliminated from the body.
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor