Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, constipation. Has pancreatic cancer and stoma. How to feed him?

my father has pancreatic cancer , he also has a stoma, he started being sick and having bad stomach pain, the doctor prescribed movicol, but pain got worse and he was constipated! he went to hospital where he had 3 litres of fluid drained! he cant eat and has a tube from his nose to his stomach ! doctors say the cancer has spread and causing blockage ! if they cant remove the cancer will he never eat again and die due to starvation
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Sir,
Thanks for your query.
Your father seems to have a pancreatic cancer with ascites(fluid in peritoneal cavity ,which was drained) and the pancreatic mass causing a gastric outlet obstruction.
For him to continue feeding an endoscopy guided duodenal stent(self-expandable metallic type) seems a reasonable choice. A surgical gastric bypass is an alternative ,if his general health allows a surgical procedure.

Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor