Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain, abdominal bloating, acid reflux. CT scan, abdominal ultrasound done. Stomach ulcer?

I ve had stomach pain for a couple months now, have had a ct scan and abdominal ultrasound. I was diagnosed with h ploryi and treated with two rounds of antibiotics, which relieved the stomach pain for a short period of time, also abdominal bloating . Was also told I have acid reflux , could I have an ulcer and it have nt shown up on the tests?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
An ulcer is not shown by CT or ultrasound.
Upper GI endoscopy is the procedure to diagnose ulcer ad reflux
Your symptoms are typical of ulcer.
Even if an ulcer had been there, 2 courses of H.Pylori treatment might have healed it.
You might be having IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
A Gastro enterologist can do upper and lower GI endoscopy and diagnose. Proton pump inhibitors, prokinetic or antipasmodic is generally given - Your internist can prescribe after examination
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor