Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Stomach cramps, loose motions, taking norflox tz, nausea. Can take oflox oz? Alternate medicine?

My sister (24yrs) had crams in her stomach along with loose motions. She took Norflox TZ at about 5:00 PM today. She felt vomiting and stomach ache even now (at 1:00 am midnight) therefore she took a Pan D tablet . She still has pain in stomach and uneasiness, can she take Oflox OZ now (after about 8 hrs of Norflox)? Or is there any other medicine that she can take?
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  2767
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and welcome to HCM

Its better to consult a doctor

If a patient with similar complaints walks in to my clinic i would give her/him Tab Oflox OZ twice daily (morning and night) for 5 days, Tab Cyclopam Twice daily for 3 days, Cap Velgut Twice daily after food and ORS sachet to mix with 1 litre water and drink as and when she/he has loose stools.
She can continue Pan D for five more days and its better to take it in morning 15 minutes before breakfast. Avoid spicy food

If vomiting and loose stools does not come under control then she may become dehydrated, in that case she may need to be admitted to a hospital for IV fluids and IV antibiotics

Dr Santosh
Answered: Sat, 12 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor