Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Started irregular period and feeling bloated. Pregnancy test negative. Should I consult a doctor?

im 39 years old, my cycles do tend to be irregular ive had a cycle every month for a while but my last one was December 26th. ive done a home pregnancy test last week and it was negative, when should i retest or go to the doctor, i feel like my cycle will start any minute but it doesnt and my stomach is starting to bloat out funny.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM!

You have the problem of irregular cycles, and bloated Abdomen. Do you still have a plan to get pregnancy?
If you want to have a baby, do not delay in consulting your Doctor. It seems that you have some hormonal imbalance, and you need some medicines to regularize your period, and to increase your chances of ovulation and pregnancy.
Even if you do not want pregnancy,your doctor will advise some blood tests for Thyroid Function, Fasting Insulin level, FSH, LH, and few others and will give progesterone tablets to start your period. After reports for hormonal tests, your Doctor will advise accordingly for the next cycles.
Bloatedness could be due to hormonal problem, but it is important to rule out other causes for it.
Your Doctor may advise you to take some Primrose oil, and Omega 3, 6 tablets considering Peri -menopausal symptoms.
Remember to do regular exercise, and have healthy food. Healthy life style has great impact on your menstrual cycles.
Hope you will find this answer useful.
have a wonderful health.
Dr Hamdani
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I recommend that you get another urine pregnancy test. If it is still negative you need to see a gynecologist for a complete pelvic exam and possibly also an ultrasound of your abdomen and pelvis to rule out any pathology. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor