Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Stabbing pain under breast, have pneumonia in mid lobe, have cough. What medication is recommended?

I am having a stabbing pain under my right breast from last 4 weeks. I went to lung doctor he said I may have plurecy and prescribed anti inflammatory and antibiotics for what looked like mild pneumonia in my X-ray . I too medicine after it felt like pain was reducing, but I started having pain & chills again. Went back to doctor with CT scan which said pneumonia in right mid lobe and I was prescribed stronger antibiotics. Just after 7 days of medication I have more pain now when I breath out & very mild cough. I don t know what to do now?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Presence of chest pain along with underlying pneumonia signifies presence of pleurisy.
Uncontrolled recurrent pain indicates partially treated underlying pneumonia.
You should consult with your treating doctor and should go for thorough check up.
You should get admission in hospital and should get intravenous medications.
You should take anti inflammatory medications along with tramadol for relief of pain on written prescription.
You should take proper bed rest.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor