Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Sprained an ankle, having a huge knot on the outside of ankle and bruising. Difficulty walking. Is it normal?

I sprained my ankle very badly 4 days ago and my foot rolled inward. I still have a huge knot on the outside of my ankle and bruising, i have just started to be able to hold pressure on it but i have this burning that starts in the outside of my ankle, and when i walk on it the bruising starts to run up the back of my heel and ankle to my leg. Is this normal?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ,
Welcome to HCM
You havemost likely suffered a ligament injury,which has caused injury to some blood vessels,hence the bruise
you will have to take an x ray to rule out a fracture,
you wil have to take rest for 2-3 weeks ,use a crepe bandage for support,once the acute injury has settled,you can mobilise the ankle with simple excercises.
take care
Answered: Mon, 9 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor