Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Soreness in shin and leg, dehydration post kidney transplant. Is it worrisome?

I am a post kidney transplant patient. I have received my new kidney over a year ago with no complications . I was dehydrated over the weekend, but I have replenished my fluids over the last two days. When I woke up this morning the back of my right leg is a little sore and my shin is a little sore also. Is this any cause for concern with my kidney?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Dehydration is bad for kidneys, as it is. Combined with Tacrolimus/cyclosporine (which I presume You must be on), it is even worse.
The soreness on the shin may not be related to dehydration. If you have redness associated, it could mean local infection (cellulitis).
Do check your creatinine and complete blood counts and preferably see your Nephrologist at earliest.

Answered: Mon, 18 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor