Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Small lump inside belly button, oozing pus now and then. Tried antiseptic, salty water. What could it be ?

I have a small lump inside (Upper inside) of my belly button, pus comes out every now and then, I m guessing its infection or something because i didn t properly shower for 3 days because of camping. but i have treated with some antiseptic cream ( iodine type) and cleaned it with salty water. Could you please figure out what exactly could it be? thanks. m/20/aus
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It seems like a superficial bacterial infection or a folliculitis. You may apply topical soframycin ointment to the affected area twice daily after cleaning it with dettol for a week. Use warm water to clean the area and remove the pus with a cotton swab. You do not need oral antibiotics for this. The topical ointment will suffice.

It will heal in a week's time; keep the area clean and hygienic.

Get well soon.
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor