What causes white vaginal discharge?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am having white discharge and it smells, how to cure it
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting the query,

Before concluding to any diagnosis i would like to ask few queries
Are you married?
Is the discharge curdy white or greenish?
Since how long is the discharge present?
The smell suggests it is due to infection.
Do you have itching?
Have you taken any medicines?

Kindly reply

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 4 minutes later
Answers below

Are you married?
Yes
It's curdy and white
It's smelling a lot nowadays, I always had slight white discharge quite often
Do you have itching?
No
Have you taken any medicines?
No

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its due to fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
The infection seems to be due to fungal in origin. I treat such patients in my practice with Candid vaginal pessaries. As it is a prescribed medicine i suggest you to get it prescribed by a local gynaecologist. Doing sitz bath will help you reduce the symptoms soon.

Sitz bath: Add half tea spoon of salt and a cap of dettol to lukewarm water and sit in the tub for 10 to 15 minutes. Soaking in water at a mild temperature can help speed up the healing process by boosting blood flow. It won't cure your condition, but it will soothe irritation.

Any issues do follow up take care.
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 33 minutes later
Thank You Dr. Nagamanu
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome

Any issues do follow up.