What causes an increase in length of the penis during sexual intercourse?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Penis Problems
Question: I want to ask one thing that when i have sex , then my penis looks 1-2 cm bigger as compared to masturbation. can you explain the reason for increase in length?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a natural .Nothing to to be worried about .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Penis becoming more rigid and long during sex is mainly due to penile stimulation and psychological impulses resulting from audio ,visual sensation received from female partner resulting in to increased flow of blood to erectile tissue causing hard erection and increase in length of penis .Where as these stimuli are lacking while masturbating hence the penis though becomes hard does not increase in length .

This is natural phenomenon .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 20 hours later
Can you please tell me any ointment which i can use for my groin area where my thighs meet and for my ass area.. as sometimes due to sweat or due to touching of these areas causes me to itch sometimes and makes it red.. i used onabet b cream but one closed friend of mine said that it cannot be used for longer periods.. so any ointment cream which is safe and can be used for regular basis
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have XXXXXXX Itch .Use topical oinitment of Meconazole (Zole)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Use topical anti fungal ointment Meconazole (Zole) ointment after washing the affected area with warm soap water .

Wash your inner wares in boiling hot water mixed with Dettol .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 45 hours later
So increase in length of 1-2 cm during sex is natural? it happens almost to everyone right?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is natural and normal

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Penis on erection during sex increases in length and girth by an inch It is natural and normal for everybody.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
See my flaccid length is 6.6cm when i masturbate.. the length goes to 11.2 cm and becomes hard but when i have sex it reaches up to 12.8cm approx.. so my main question is that why a sudden increase in length because whenever i masturbate i feel that this is the highest length i can reach up to.. so this is why i have been asking that how a sudden increase in length during sex because during masturbation it seems that this is the highest length u can reach upto.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
The reason is explaned in detail in my earler answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

The reason why penis in more in length during sex is explained in my earlier answer .Read it carefully
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 21 hours later
U said that the increase in length is by an inch but this is not the case in my scenario.. this is why i was asking again
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consult qualified Sexologist for clinical examination in person .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

In sexual intercourse it is not the length but hardness of penis that is important for sexual enjoyment for both the partners .

However if you are two curious to know about it I would suggest you to consult qualified Sexologist for clinical examination in person .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 12 hours later
No, Thank you so much.. for clearing all my doubts
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again .

Have a nice health .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.