Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Small child, pain in left side of testicles, not fully descended. Hernia surgery done. Cure?

My 10 year old had a hernia surgery about 2 and a half years ago. Tonight he said he had pain in the left side of his testicular area, however, it seems to me that they have never descended properly. When I have asked his pedi to check through the years, she said he was normal and she did feel them, but they don t appear fully descended to me. The area was very painful to the touch tonight, as when he told me he had pain, I tested the area for pain.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thanks for your query
Well, firstly i would like you to consult a pediatric surgeon immediately. One of the causes for acute testicular pain is torsion of the testis. Now the chances of saving that testis totally depends on the rapidity with which it is dealt with. So if you should consult immediately. The second cause can be acute epididymo-orchitis. It would resolve with antibiotics and analgesics. And if you have the doubt of an undescended testis, it will be best diagnosed by a pediatric surgeon. That too should not be ignored.
Hope that helps.
God bless you.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Is there any trauma? Is child having fever? Testicular pain may be due to trauma, underlying infection like epididymo orchitis or rarely due to torsion of testes. By history trauma can be ruled out and in epididymoorchitis testes is tender to touch and if you lift the testis slightly up it causes relief from pain where as pain will increase in torsion of testis and torsion of testis should be ruled out as early as possible by doing ultrasound of the scrotum with doppler study . You can give analgesic like Ibuprofen in prescribed dosage, proper rest and adequate oral fluids. Consult your Pediatrician or Pediatric surgeon if pain still persist.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor