Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Operated for undecended testis by birth. Not able to concieve again. Semen analysis shows pus cells. Suggestions?

sir my cousin was operated because of undecended testis by birth in the age of 24yrs. i was operated twice in fist operation my left testis was moved down. in second attemp they tried to move it more down but it could not happend andy they fixed it upper left side. now i m married i have one baby girl two and a half year. after that i have no child. my recent semen analysis report shows 8 to 10 puss cells. please give the advice, im very depressed i need ur help.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been operated for undescended Testis on left side at he age of 24 years.

Your recent semen analysis revealed 8-10 pus cells which suggests infection either in seminal vesicle or Prostate.

Please take antibiotics like combination of Trimethoprim and Sulphamethoxazole twice daily for one month and repeat your semen analysis after completion of course of antibiotics.

Hopefully it will get resolved.
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and further treatment.

Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. B. Vineet Mohan's  Response

Having pus cells in you semen means that you have an infection in your testis. There is no infection that proper antibiotics cannot cure. You may have orchitis or some other conditions as well. What you need to get is a proper doctor to look at the illness and then treat you appropriately. In this way, you will recover quickly and hopefully father another child. Wish you the best for the future.

Dr Vineet
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM
First you have to start oral antibiotic to subside infection.
Also go for usg examination of testis,CBC and urine analysis.
Oflox,moxiflox,ornidazole will be helpful.
Consult your physician for further medical management.

Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor