Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
122 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for testicle pain in a child

Answered by
Dr. Matthew J. Mangat


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 1896 Questions

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi my Nephew 13 months is having a problem with his Urinary track. Doctor told that there is a cut in the urine track and urine is leaking in to Testis and it made testis enlarged and it makes him continuously crying with lot of pain . Attached are the images and medical reports. I need your opinion how can this be rectified? I is Surgery mandatory? Note that he is born prematured is it the root cause?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Left undescended testis and Right hydrocele, has only surgical option.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to HealthcareMagic.
As an Urologist, i can understand your concern.

Your nephew XXXXXXX has got a left undescended testis and a right hydrocele.
It's not related to premature birth.
Hydrocele isn't due to a cut in the urine track or urine leak in to the testis.
It's due to fluid collection around the testis.
The undescended or retractile testis,is due to a congenital condition.

The scan shows, the left testis is slightly atrophied,compared to the right.
This is due to it's position,where it doesn't descend fully down into the scrotum.
When it retracts upwards,he gets the pain.That's called a retractile testis.
This has to be brought down by surgery,any time now or by one and half years.

This cannot be treated with medicines. Surgery is the only option for both.
But this isn't a major surgery,that you need to worry about.
Patients are usually discharged in a day or two.

Hope your doubts are cleared.
Wishing XXXXXXX a speedy recovery.

Dr.Matthew J. Mangat.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Premature birth

doctor1 MD

My baby is 20 days old now. She is a premature baby, born 40 days earlier than normal. Now she is healthy at home and getting milk from her mother....

doctor1 MD

Hi.. My baby is a preterm (born at 29 weeks + 3 days). She just shifted out of the NICU now (35 weeks + 2 days). It s been 2 days since that. She...

doctor1 MD

I have a relative aged 15 years. yob 1995. Premature delivery. Lacks the intelligence of a 15 years old in studies , movements , speech etc....

doctor1 MD

Hi...I m 30+5 wks pregnant. having shooting pains in pelvic area, hardening of Abdomen, constipation and vomitings since 3 days. Acc to my Doc my...

doctor1 MD

How much cinnamon and in what form is effective to induce a miscarriage in a pregnancy of 8 weeks ?

doctor1 MD

My baby daughter born on 23rd October ( Premature birth ) at 28weeks & 6 days having weight of 3.8kgs. as of now. She is on Nan Pro-1 diet as of...