Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pain in abdomen, backache and bulging groin, have untreated undescended testicle. Cause for watery semen?

I am 27 years old with untreated undescended testicle , is there any possibility that I can father children, also does removal of affected testis affect the other normal one? Sometimes I feel pain in my abdomen, backache and bulging groin hernia . I used to wet the bed(ejaculate) atleast once a month, but nowadays it has taken months before I do so, but if it does happen, the semen is watery. Could you please advise me on what to do?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
hello, your abdominal pain and backache can be due to groin hernia. most groin hernias need surgical treatment along with treatment of underlying cause, if any.
Undescended testis needs to be evaluated and brought down into scrotum before 2 yrs of age. Bringing it down after that does not save the semen producing tissue of the testicle. However, such testicles are more prone to tumors, so bring the testis down at any age ensures that you can examine the testis regularly and any tumor can be detected early.
Passing semen in sleep and ejaculation are different things. Often, "semen" passed in sleep is not complete ejaculate, and may be watery.
Consult your urologist for hernia and undescended testis. He can also evaluate you for fertility issues.
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. B. Vineet Mohan's  Response

Undescended testes is known as cryptorchidism. The condition causes symptoms like watery sperm and also almost no sperm. Also, you are at risk for testicular cancer. You need to meet a urosurgeon who will assess your situation and tell you the best course of action. In this way, you will understand that cryptorchidism is not such a big deal that you cannot manage it. I am not sure if you will be able to father children. If your testes matured, then you will be able to father children easily, if not, it could require some more help. I hope this helps.

Dr Vineet
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor