Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Small blisters in the throat, painful, got after having oral sex. Is it STD? Treatment?

Please help me, I am really worried I may have caught something from a man. I have had fever for three days, started with a slight sore throat 5 days ago (and drinking didn t help) Now my throat is so painful it hurts to drink or swallow anything, really hot (sweating) and then cold and when I don t take pain killers I have the worst headache . I have not noticed these red/white bumps on the back of my throat (about just smaller than a Smint) I had sex with someone last thurday, included oral and anal, at one point he took the condom off and proceeded to anal even though I didn t want to...he finished there and now I m terrified, he said he gets blood tests and has nothing which seems genuine because he was very drunk and it didn t seem like a lie but you never know..and he s been to thailand (high prostitution) . ALSO a few days later I kissed him but he told me that he was sick (from partying and hanging round new people etc) and he was coughing a bit, so do you think maybe I just have that? I know I was stupid, drunk and slightly depressed...but If something is seriously wrong with me I fear I might go back into serious depression or become suicidal again (depression for 2-3 years) Please help me, I m alone and not in my country of origin..I feel like I have no one to talk to, I will get tests done as soon as I can. Thank you all so very much.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there Anna. the outset, you can talk to any of us on this portal. As for being discreet & personal, you may speak to any of us you feel comfortable with on a private forum by requesting for us in person using the premium 'ask a doctor' button & someone from the healthcaremagic staff will guide you if you so desire. As for your current predicament, it does appear that you and your partner have contracted a 'viral' infection most likely from some common cold virus..or some form of infectious mononucleosis etc ...all eminently treatable & should resolve with the appropriate antibiotics (for secondary bacterial infection). You may want to take an antibiotic like metronidazole to cover for any gram negative organisms seeded vis-a-vis anal intercourse & then oral sex. However, i do advise caution & protection in the future as you may not be as lucky the next time around. Do take care & Dont worry about being lonely or having no-one to confide in...that's what we docs are here consult a local GP or since you say you are in a 'foreign' country, then you can pick on us instead . Cheers & do hope have answered your queries. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor