Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Sleeplessness and odd shaped face symptoms that are causing me stress.

Im 19 years old and male. when i was 15 my face was normal shaped and i had no problems with my physical appearance. However, since then eveything has gone downhill. I became depressed when a family member died, and developed a pattern of sleeplessness. I also started losing a lot of my my hair and this is still happening. I got over the death of my relative a long time ago but these symptomts still persist and now it is these symptoms that are causing me stress so its like a bad cycle. I dont think its male-pattern baldness because hair is not falling from any specific area of my scalp, just all over and now my hair looks very thin so I have to style it in a weird way. Also I have developed A large bulge in the brow area of my forehead. This is made worse by a large kink in my nose that goes inwards and then goes outwards in a slope-like shape. My top jaw also sticks out far over my bottom jaw so my top lip almost overlaps my bottom lip but im not sure if thats related. I was wondering if the shape of my face is causing blocked sinuses which may be preventing me breathing properly when I sleep, causeing sleep apnea . Please help me.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Probably you will not like my answer :-)

From what you describe, you seem to have developed increased sensitivity to your physical appearence and also, as you yourself put it, have "become depressed", having persistant sleeplessness, following a particularly stressful bereavement.

I seem to remember, from whatever I could remember from my medical student days, that sleep apnea does not occur because of blocked sinuses so do consult an expert.

If you continue to be worried about your physical appearence and the doctors have ruled out physical causes, then do consult a psychiatrist.

Good Luck
Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor